I'm not gonna write a long story about myself like most do on here but here's a brief synopsis of me:
Graduated Dec. 2012
NCLEX 1st Attempt - Feb.14 - 265 Questions/5.5 Hours - Failed [Studied less than 2 hours a week by using the HURST Review Videos + Book]
NCLEX 2nd Attempt - Apr. 1 - 265 Questions/5 Hours - Failed [Relied only on the NCSBN 6 week course & LaCharity Book]
NCLEX 3rd Attempt - Jun. 19 - 75 Questions/40 Mins - Passed [Read Below]
What I used to study:
-NCLEX 4000 CD [Googled it & downloaded it for free]
-Saunders 5th Edition NCLEX Review CD
- Exam Cram 3rd Edition + CD [Used For Content]
- Kaplan's Test Taking Strategies Book 2013-2014 [Got it for $20 Amazon Prime using my student email!] <<--- This is what will help you out the most if test taking is your weakness!
- Saunders Q&A Flashcards 2e [2014 version]
With everything in place, The FIRST HALF of my Study plan [ 3-4 weeks]:
-I Made a blank calendar filled it out based on the chapters of the Exam cram book. [1 chapter a day M-F, weekends off]
-Did the 10-25 questions at the end of a chapter in Exam Cram. [In my spiral notebook I would answer the questions and gauge how well I did. Remember percentages don't matter just focus on doing as many questions and getting them right as you possibly can]
- Did 100 Questions A Day off the NCLEX 4000/Saunders/Exam Cram CD [Just picked one and did it from there]
2ND HALF of my study plan [3-4 Weeks]:
-Do 200 Questions a Day [Exam Cram/Saunders/NCLEX 4000 CD + Saunders Flashcards]
- Do 1 Chapter a day out of the Kaplan Test Taking Strategies Book
The total number of questions that I have done was recorded, & I wrote down that I did 7,463 questions in total before my 3rd attempt on the NCLEX. Therefore I dub my study plan "THE 7400"
Important Things To Remember:
- READ EVERY QUESTION SLOWLY! [I found out on the 3rd time studying that I learned how to speed read back when I was younger and it always carried over with me into my collegiate academics, once I slowed down and made sure I understood the question, Instantly I've got just about every question right!!!] You'll notice when you read slowly and get all the information that the question is asking you, you'll start to answer questions faster!
-Eat right, get enough sleep, Don't study on the weekends!!! [If you stay consumed by this and overstudy, you'll start having a negative effect on yourself and wont retain any information]
- It's ok to be nervous, but as soon as you sit down to take your exam, YOU. OWN. THIS. EXAM.
-DON'T 2nd guess yourself, and keep it moving & DON'T dwell on the question.
-The more questions you'll answer the more confident you get, it's a proven fact!
If anyone is interested I have my study plan online then I can email you. Feel free to email me @ EMARSHRN@gmail.com
[I WILL ONLY RESPOND VIA EMAIL, NOT THROUGH HERE]
PS - COME CORRECT TO ME WHEN YOU WRITE IN MY EMAIL BC I CAN READ LAZINESS THROUGH THE WAY YOU TYPE & IF YOU'RE ONLY OUT JUST TO COLLECT THE NCLEX 4000.
How did you get the NCLEX 4000 CD online? Did you buy it? Because I tried to research for free download of it but once I downloaded it, it turned out different and not the NCLEX 4000 application. do you have your website for it? Thank you
can you please email me about how to download the nclex 4000 cd? my email is email@example.com . Thanks
Congrats RN. Pls, l need the nclex 4000, I'll email you now.
It's sad that the amount of emails I've gotten were so fixated on how to get the NCLEX 4000 rather than my study plan [as well as reading my whole post].
Honestly, the study plan and the study guide you had develop are so much helpful. I realized that it's not the 4000 question, but how much time and afforded, include the consistent study plan. Thank you so much. Definitely, recommend everyone with the study plan.
So Far 3 People have told me that they've passed using my study plan, Hope to hear more testimonials on here!
Hello ermars0017 can you please contact me I would like to know ur study plan firstname.lastname@example.org I already email you. Thx God bless btw congrats.
I finally pass. With your help and all your information you had sent it to me. I also love complementary website you had provide. Thank you so much.
Congratulations cltnguyen6736 ! Great job!